Blog - Introducing Vroom!06 Nov 2021
- Very high end RISC-V implementation – goal cloud server class
- Out of order, super scalar, speculative
- Up to 8 IPC (instructions per clock) peak, goal ~4 average on ALU heavy work
- 2-way simultaneous multithreading capable
- Early (low) dhrystone numbers: ~3.6 DMips/MHz - still a work in progress. Goal ~4-5
- Currently boots Linux on an AWS-FPGA instance
- GPL3 – dual licensing possible
VRoom! is hosted with GitHub. Head to the GitHub repository for downloads.
VRoom! is currently licensed GPL3. We recognize that for many reasons one cannot practically build a large GPL3d chip design - VRoom! is also available to be commercial licensed.